Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Monday, November 28, 2011

No Job!

The job didn't work out they chose the popcorn machine over me!
I was told he wanted to hire me at Liberty Tax Service until I showed up at the interview and he asked if the popcorn would be a problem. During the 8 week tax class I told him about my allergy. I said I can't be in a room where popcorn is being popped. He said thats too bad, he has the popcorn put on as soon as they come in. Its part of their sales. They give free popcorn and sodas. I got up and walked out, and cried all the way home yesterday afternoon, and I am still mad, and depressed. 
I suppose I could have been more proactive, and asked when he called for the interview, if he was going to get rid of the popcorn, or what. I told him they could pop it some where else, and bring it in. They just couldn't pop it in the same room, because I would be breathing in the vapor. He was sorry, but the smell was part of their deal too. I just don't understand that, you can't smell it while driving by. The guy is just ignorant. My dh is going to spread the word not to go there. This is a very small town. We have 1 grocery store, a  Walmart, a Lowes, and a few other small stores, he really shouldn't have sided with popcorn over what could have been his best employee that would have brought in well over 100 new clients.

No comments:

Popular Posts