Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Monday, September 12, 2011

Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!

I am so excited about making beef bacon.  I checked the meat tonight.  It was smashed into the bottom of my jar.  I picked it up and swished it around.  It has a couple darker spots.  I am thinking its pepper corn mashed to it.  It smells fine.  Yeah!!!  I am planning on smoking Wednesday, or Thursday.  I was really excited to remember that my Food City 10 mins. away carried the Full Circle lump coal.  I have 1 bag of Earth Fare brand lump coal.  I wanted to have a second bag on hand just in case.  The smoking part is 200 degrees until the meat reaches 160 degrees.  I also got 2 bags of Full Circle Hickory Chips at Food City.  Yeah!  I think the stores are coming around with the natural food movement!  I am so excited!!! 

My smoker:  We had a Chargriller with smoker box that we used a lot in AZ, but when we moved it wouldn't fit onto the truck, so we bought a new one at Lowe's after we got to TN.  We kept the rotisserie from the old grill.  I ordered another smoker box for the new grill 2 weeks ago.  My dh put it on last weekend, so now we are set to smoke beef bacon!  I am looking forward to smoking up and smelling up our whole neighborhood!  :-)  My neighbor hates me, so this will probably make her really happy.  I think I want to smoke in the middle of the backyard, so the smoke wafts right onto her back porch!  Eat your heart out!!  :-)  Drool all you want!  It needs to smoke for at least 3 hours!  Can't you just smell it????  :-)

No comments:

Popular Posts