Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Monday, August 29, 2011

My Beef is at the Butcher!

Just got off the phone with my butcher.  I am nervious!  The cow is already there!  Yikes!  dh called a bit ago to say that the cow was going today.  My butcher is awesome.  He asked why it was there already.  I said I didn't know.  I was teasing in asking, Am I suppose to come get it?  lol  :-)  Any way he's going to go ahead and kill it because he realizes that I don't want it to have any grain.  Yikes again!  Glad he thought about it.  He said he doesn't kill until Thursday.  Sure hope this isn't going to cost me extra. 

We discussed how do I want it cut.  He said standard?  What is standard?  He doesn't have a fax machine or any way to get me the sheet.  I told him I'll get over there tomorrow.  This is going to be interesting!  Deep breath....soooo...  I did tell him I wanted the oxtails, and liver.  Ok there...  We discussed the brisket.  We determined that he will let it age a week to 12 days, cut it up, and then I will pick up the brisket fresh to cure.  Then pick up the rest of the meat in a couple days so it has a chance to freeze.  I did know that they flash freeze faster than my home freezer for that amount of meat.  OK...  so here we go!  I need to figure out what to put in the cure.  BTW he hasn't had anyone ask to cure there brisket before.  Weird?  Thats what you use to make corn beef!  ????  I plan to smoke some of the cured brisket to use as bacon.  Oh, I need a slicer!

I want to add that he is also willing to process my beef first of the day on the equipment that was cleaned the night before.  Tomorrow I will discuss with him further to be sure its rinsed well with water.  He has a tenderizer for the cube steak, and of course the grinder.  I am sure there is a saw as well.  Deep breath...hopefully all will turn out well.  I had some grass feed beef that he had processed before, and had no problems with it, so I am sure everything will turn out wonderful!!  :-)   Eek!  Anxiety is going to set in and I'm not going to be able to sleep until this is over with!  :-)

No comments:

Popular Posts