Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why am I allergic to corn?

Anyone like me allergic to corn wonders why god has made my life so difficult.  Corn is in everything.

Check out these movies:
Food, Inc.
The Future of Food
King Corn

I believe the GMO crops are the reason for my allergy.  After watching, "The Future of Food" I am wondering if perhaps my issues are not with corn but with the genetically engineered process.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Yeah, I wondered if GMOs were the problem for me too. I have a corn intolerance that came on in adulthood. I can hand a tiny bit sometimes, but do best if I completely avoid it. So a few months ago I tried organic corn chips. Yikes! Shouldn't have don't that! So I'm not sure if its GMOs or not, but likely every case is different.

Thanks for your corn blog. Its nice to see what others do to manage a corn allergy. I've sure learned things I never thought a person needed to know!

Michelle Smith said...

Thanks, I am just trying to help everyone cope with this every day challenge.

Popular Posts