Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Freezing Quinoa, Ground Dehydrated Onions, Kale chips

When I make Ancient Harvest Quinoa I make the whole box.  The box contains 1 3/4 cups of quinoa.  I rinse it, and put it in a pan.  I add 3 1/2 cups of water.  Simmer 20 minutes.  Cool then put some in the fridge and some in a ziploc freezer bag. 

I grounded up some of the dehydrated green onions and put them in a jar.  I used some of the ground onions on kale chips.  I made the kale chips with acv, water, honey, salt, onion powder, and a dash of grapeseed oil.

No comments:

Popular Posts