Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tell Benedryl we want a corn / allergy free variety

I recently contacted Benedryl and they replied asking for me to contact them.  I am urging everyone to contact them:
Thank you for contacting McNeil-PPC, Inc., makers of BENADRYL UNSPECIFIED.  It is always important to hear from our consumers, and we appreciate the time you have taken to contact us.

A report of any unpleasant experience with any of our products concerns us.  We would like you to speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives directly about this issue and provide us with more detailed information.

Please call our Consumer Care Center at 1800 223-0182, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m - 8:00 p.m. EST, and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.  When you call be sure to mention the reference number noted below.

We have forwarded your e-mail to our product safety department for their review.

Joann S.
Consumer Care Center

010970716A

June 28, 2011
I contacted customer service.  Jessica told me Benadryl Allergy Dye-Free Liqui-gels was corn free. 

I went to their web site and looked at the ingredients.

Inactive Ingredients
gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitol. Capsules are imprinted with edible dye-free ink.
First Jessica told me that she couldn't recommend the product for food allgeries that it was for upper respiratory allergies.  I had to tell her that I get upper respiratory issues when I ingest food allergians.  Eye roll....  I questioned the gelatin and glycerin and was told they were animal, but she couldn't tell me what animal.  Polyethylene glycol was a solvent.  I questioned the sorbitol ,and was told it was vegetable, but she couldn't tell me what vegetable it was.  I told her that didn't work for me.  She apologized that was all she could tell me, because she worked in a customer service center, and that was all the information she had.  I informed her that the specifications for the sorbitol would probably read:  "If corn was used there was no corn protein left after the processing".  She said, she would forward a message to the company, asking if they would make a corn free version.  Dang I forgot to ask what edible dye-free ink was. 

1 comment:

Clisair said...

Sorbitol is made from many things but mostly from corn

Popular Posts