Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Friday, April 1, 2011

Vehicle Airbags have corn based talcum powder

I just found this article:  http://www.allergy-details.com/food-allergy/corn-allergy-mine-field/
Another challenging source of corn, for those allergic, is in vehicle airbags. When the airbag goes off, the powder containing corn based talcum powder is released from the airbag into the vehicle. With the passengers breathing and their clothes and skin covered in this powder reaction can be most unfriendly. The reaction is also ill timed, especially immediately after a car accident when people are distracted.

I guess I need to have my epi-pen handy if I get into an accident and my airbag deploys.

1 comment:

Meagan222 said...

Yes, because that is the first thought to anyone's mind when in an accident....well it's in ours now! Thanks for the article here and on the forum!

Popular Posts